We recognise the importance of protecting the information collected about visitors to our website, in particular, personal information. Personal information is any information which identifies you and may include, for example, your name, birth date, residential and email address, telephone number, credit card details and driver’s license number.
iCumulus is bound by and committed to supporting the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). For detailed information, visit http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
- When you visit our website you are not required to provide us with personal information and from time to time you may be able to visit our website or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted by you. However, we may need to collect certain information to provide you with services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. If you do not provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with access to our services or respond to your request or enquiries.
Use of Information
- Personal information that visitors submit and the cookie applied via our website is used as detailed below: (see below – “What is a cookie” Section 17)
(a) Sponsored Question:
When you respond in the affirmative (yes) to a particular sponsored question we will be supplying your contact details and cookie to that sponsor only, this sponsor may use this information to contact you or display relevant offers on their or 3rd party websites for the duration of the cookie
(b) Generic Question:
When you respond to a generic question (no sponsor mentioned) we may make available your cookie data to 3rd party advertisers who may use this data to display relevant offers on their or 3rd party websites. They will not be passed any contact details from your profile
- We may also use your personal information to create aggregate data about our website visitors, such as statistics relating to age, gender and demographics. This personal information is only used for our statistical purposes.
Collecting information on registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional personal information when requested by sponsors and advertisers
- This contact information is made available to our sponsors and advertisers; each you have agreed to be contacted by responding to the appropriate question
- Registration is completely optional. Registration may include providing us with your name, email address, address, telephone numbers details, as well as opting in to receive updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
- We may also use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our services and to send you details about promotional opportunities if you elected to receive such materials when you registered with our website. If you no longer wish to receive promotional material from us, you can opt-out by contacting us at the details on the bottom of this page or, alternatively, select the “unsubscribe” link if the promotional material is sent by email. We will then remove you from our promotions database as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Declining all cookies – see Section 21
- From time to time, your personal information may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
(a) if disclosure is required or authorised by law; and
(b) where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information for the purposes identified above.
- We will not give, sell, trade or rent any personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Accordingly, we do not warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us.
- However, once we have received your personal information, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, and ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when we are no longer required to retain the information.
Data and Cookies Policy
- What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you as well as 3rd party domains. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
- Cookies and Your Profile
When you return to our website your core details are stored in an encrypted cookie on your hard disk. This cookie allows you to move from page to page at the site without having to sign in again on each page. Cookies are also used to improve the sign in experience. For example, your e-mail address and other contact details may be stored in a cookie that will remain on your computer after you sign out. This cookie allows your contact details to be pre-populated, so that you will only need to type your password the next time you sign in. If you are using a public computer or do not otherwise want this information to be stored, you can select the appropriate radio button on the sign-in page, and this cookie will not be used.
- Unsubscribe from cookie tracking:
(a) If you were to view your tracking cookies available on your browser you can identify the cookies placed by iCumulus these are identified as “site = inimbus.com.au” and you can opt out from further tracking by iCumulus by clicking this link
- Declining all cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of OfferCloud and services that depend on cookies, and some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you chose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences, including advertising preferences, controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
(a) Cookies information for sponsors have a lifetime of 30-60 days from time you have last visited our website
(b) IP Addresses: Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the management of our website and the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate and anonymously only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cross-border Data Flows
- We use cloud based technology that may store contact details of registered users within technology based overseas. These servers and technology are commonly located in United Kingdom (UK) and United States of America (USA). All data is stored securely as described in the security clause (Section 13) and can only be accessed by authorized users within the company.
- Important Notice:In the event that the processing and/or storage of your personal information and documents involve the disclosure of any information outside Australia, you acknowledge that, by providing us with your personal information and documents, you consent to this overseas disclosure. By consenting to this disclosure, you acknowledge that:
(a) iCumulus will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988, for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient, and
(b) you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 against iCumulus for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
Access to and correction of your Personal Information
- We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to keep the information we hold about you accurate, complete and up-to-date. If, at any time, you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or you discover that information held about you is no longer up-to-date or is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information changed or corrected.
- You can request access to, or the correction of, your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at the details at the bottom of this page, and informing us of your access or correction request.
- Your access or correction request will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
Links to Other Sites
- The inclusion of links to third party websites on our website in no way constitutes an endorsement of such website’s content, actions or policies. These linked sites are for your convenience and you access them at your own risk.
Questions or complaints
- We will address any concerns or complaints you have through our complaints handling process and will inform you of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable time frame.
- However, if after receiving our response you consider that your privacy complaint has not yet been resolved you may refer your concerns to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s web site: http://www.oaic.gov.au.
- Contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Level 9, 131 York Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Phone: + 61 2 8262 8070
Last updated: 22nd February 2016
Know your options – more information on Online Behaviour Targeting can be found http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/ an industry resource for consumers